How to Take Care of Wigs for Men’s Hair
Wigs for men’s hair are very popular these days. Many men with hair loss problems would choose to wear short hairpieces to improve their outside looks and enhance their confidence. But do you know what’s the right way to take care of your wigs? It’s important to apply the right methods to protect your wigs, otherwise, they will lose their original luster and become ugly. As long as you use the following tips to take care of your wigs, I am sure you will always have very nice, smooth, and shining wigs!
1. Take off and put it on the bracket. When you take off your wig every day, you shouldn’t throw it casually. You should put it on the bracket.
2. Don't put it in a plastic bag. If you don't wear a wig for a while, you should put it in a closed environment. It's better not to be exposed to the air because it's easy to attract dust or clutter, so you should put wigs for men’s hair in a case or a box.
3. Wash wig regularly. If you often wear a hairpiece, it is recommended to wash it once a week. When cleaning, you should pay special attention to that wig can't be washed with hot water, which will damage the quality of the wig and can't soak in water for a long time.
4. The conditioner should be bright and smooth. When washing wigs, don't rub them with your hands. When you see the knots of wigs, don't pull them around. You should use conditioner to straighten them out gently, and the wigs will be brighter when using conditioner.
5. Comb with sparse teeth to straighten out the wig. Usually, when you take off the wig, you should use the kind of sparse comb to gently straighten out the wig, clean up the dust. The reason for choosing a sparse comb is that a dense comb is easy to break wig, also can use a special comb for wigs.
6. Curly wigs can't be combed. If your wig is curly, then you must not use a comb to take care of curly hair. Finally, you can take care of it gently with your hand. Taking care of it with a comb will make the hair less curly.
7. The wig is bent and wet. If the wig straight hair accidentally bent how to do, you must not use the hand to pull straight, because it is easy to break the hair. If you don't want to wash it, you can dry your wig with a towel and straighten it after it's naturally dried.
8. Non-oily maintenance fluid nursing wig. When wigs have been used for a long time, they can be not as black and bright as they were used to be. In fact, before wearing wigs, you should spray them several times with non-oil maintenance liquid before wearing them. The wig can not only prevent static electricity but also restore the original appearance and lubricate it.
How to clean hair cover?
(1) Water preparation: use the washbasin to prepare the water for cleaning. It is recommended to use soft water (soft water refers to mineral water or cold boiled water). It can nourish the hairpiece, and it is best to use silicone oil-free shampoo cleaning, which will not hurt the wigs for men’s hair. For example, L'Oreal, resources, O'shudan, Amorilu, and Pantene all have silicone-free series products.
(2) Cleaning: gently press or pat the shampoo cover by hand, and then comb along the direction of the hair with a wide-tooth comb. For the edge position of the inner net cap, gently brush with a soft brush. Finally, rinse along with the direction of the hair.
(3) Nursing: prepare cold boiled water, pour in the nursing solution, put the hair cover in, and soak for 10-15 minutes. Rinse along the direction of the hair (don't overly rinse it), and dry it naturally in a well-ventilated place (washed hair should be protected from the sun).
(4) Do not knead the hair. Kneading will lead to a hair knot, affect the appearance.
① When the wigs for men’s hair are half dry, you should take care of the hair by hand. When the hair cover is completely dry, the hairstyle is better.
② When cleaning, you shouldn’t use a comb to scrape the root of the hair in case the hair loose from the net cap.
③ About the cleaning cycle: when wearing it regularly, it is usually recommended two or three times a month. When it is rarely worn, you can clean it once a few months.
④ About shampoo: traditional nourishing shampoo can avoid dandruff.
⑤ About conditioner: High-quality conditioner is recommended. You can dissolve it in hot water before putting the hair in.