What Are the Steps In Cleaning Men's Hair System?
Cleaning men's hair system is not that difficult. But you need to spend some time and effort in this endeavor. It's something that you need to learn how to do the right way. Keeping your hairpiece clean is important. It's an essential step in making sure that your hairpiece will last.
You've spent a considerable amount of money on your wig or toupee so it's just right that you take care of it to make sure that you'll have a good R.O.I. In the same way, that hair needs to be washed often, you also need to wash your wig on a regular basis. Just like normal hair, it can also get dirty especially if you're an active individual or if you live in a polluted city.
Regular cleaning is one of the keys to extending the life of a hairpiece. The buildup of dust and dirt on a hairpiece can affect its appearance and quality and can eventually ruin it. Also, if you don't wash your wig regularly, it will eventually start to smell. The last thing that you want to have is a foul-smelling hairpiece that can turn people away. So now that you know the importance of regularly cleaning men's hair system, it's for you to learn how to do it properly.
Hair systems come in different varieties. But even if this is the case, the steps needed to clean them are basically the same. But you need to consider the material used in making the wig to determine the right way to clean it. Hair systems are generally categorized under two categories: hairpieces made with real hair and hairpieces made with synthetic hair. Each of these requires a different method of cleaning.
The first thing that you need to do is to gather all the supplies that you'll need. You will need the same set of supplies whether you're cleaning a wig made with real hair or one with synthetic hair. Prepare these materials ahead of time and make sure that they are within reach when you start cleaning your hairpiece.
You will need the following:
· A wig stand or mannequin head to hold the hair system when you're brushing it.
· A brush specifically made to clean hairpieces.
· A space big enough for you to clean your hairpiece.
Now here are the steps on how to clean a hair system that is made with real human hair.
1. While the wig is still dry, you need to brush it to make sure that the strands are untangled. Using a wig stand or mannequin head will make this process easier to perform.
2. Then you need to soak the hairpiece. You can use either cold or warm water but never hot because it can damage the hair. Make sure that water is evenly distributed on the whole wig.
3. Next, you should squeeze out excess water before applying shampoo. You need to use a shampoo made for human hair.
4. You also need to wash the inside of the cap with shampoo.
5. Rinse the wig thoroughly but do not scrub or crunch the hair.
6. If there is any stuck-on residue on your hairpiece base, you should remove them too.
7. The next step that you need to do is to apply the conditioner to the hairpiece. Just like regular hair, a hair system made with real hair can benefit from a conditioner. You should let the conditioner stay for two minutes so it can be absorbed by the hair.
8. The last step is to rinse the conditioner of the wig. When you're handling the wig, you need to make sure not to tug the strands too hard.
The steps in cleaning a synthetic hair system are basically the same. But you need to keep the following things in mind.
9. You need to use cold water in washing a synthetic hair system.
10. Never brush the hairpiece while it's wet or you could damage it.
11. Use a shampoo designed for a synthetic hair system.
12. You should also use a conditioner designed for a synthetic hair system. Do not let the conditioner touch the base of the system.
Now that you know the steps in cleaning men's hair system, you need to develop a routine. This is the best way to extend the lifespan of your hairpiece.